Recipe Search

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Short'ning of it

(Photo: Grandpa Robert, Katie, Great Grandma Doyle and Me, 2004)

The short of my inspiration to create my first blog ever would be my great Grandma Doyle and her sugar cookie recipe.
As girls, my sisters and I would stay with my father every summer and spend our days with her. She would make us these delicious sugar cookies topped with a single raisin wrapped in wax paper.

This recipe calls for equal parts shortening and butter. Yes, I know shortening is a big no no so, I just use butter. The sad thing is that in 2005 she passed and I felt regret that I didn't know her better, as an adult.
I am not much of a story teller nor professional baker but I will be sharing my Grandmother's life through making her specialties and hopefully becoming a great baker as she was. Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoy. ~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment