Recipe Search

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Wedding Reception: Oh so pretty cupcakes

Early April friends of mine exchanged vows amongst close family. I was honored to make their wedding cake for their special day. Late August they celebrated their nuptials with a reception. For the special occasion I whipped up a classic, some chocolate cupcakes with vanilla buttercream topped with candy flowers I got from one of my favorite confectioners, Miette. Ill have a post later this fall on gum paste decorations. To get the lavender color frosting I used just a dab of Wilton violet gel coloring. Bon Appetit!

Classic Chocolate Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream


1 comment:

  1. Adorable wedding cupcakes! I am in love with cute design of these cakes. Well done dear! My wedding is also in next month and I have been thinking to have cupcake tower. I will have fall inspired theme and have booked one of best Chicago venues for our wedding ceremony.

    ReplyDelete