Recipe Search

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Some Cheesecake to go with that Turkey?

The holidays are here and I am ready to go! Well, I was ready late September but some say that's a bit early to be dreaming about pies, turkey and eggnog.  I disagree.

This is just my house but lets face it, sometimes the pumpkin pie resembles a soggy mess and tastes like pumpkin puree straight out of the can. Good thing Mom brought her famous apple pie.

My solution this year, to make something different! My favorite recipe for a holiday cheesecake would be Pumpkin Cheesecake with Marshmallow Topping. Everyone loves a good cheesecake with a good graham crust. No one likes a soggy mess!






Dont worry about dark spots or cracks because this will be covered with fluff in no time. 



You can even take a torch to the fluff to give it a nice caramelization.


Top with a nice garnish. Here I did a piece of candied ginger since there is ginger in the crust.

Happy holiday baking to you all! I hope this season brings you tasty treats and time with family!

No comments:

Post a Comment