Recipe Search

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Birdie Doyle's Sugar Cookies



My Great Grandma Doyle was known as Birdie - short for Alberta. The things I remember about her the most was her house and our stays there. She had this old clock that hung on the wall in the long hallway that would go off on the hour. I am sure it was a piece that maybe her Grandmother gave her. We would stay with her in the summers and she packed our lunches for our visits to see our Dad during work.

For my sisters and I our favorite sweets that my Grandma would make were her sugar cookies. This cookie was thin but soft and creamy. Its really the small touches that made this cookie so memorable. I loved this lady and her special touches. She wrapped egg salad sandwiches in wax paper and made it so pre-Martha Stewart. The best part was dessert.

So, last week I made them again with the raisin in the center and all and had to share them with my sister and my workmates. I hope they enjoyed them! I sure did!

No comments:

Post a Comment