Recipe Search

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Birthday Cake for Breakfast!



My Mom always said No to sweets before dinner with only one exception, the morning after our birthday. If our hearts desired we could devour a slice of birthday cake for breakfast BUT only the morning after our birthday. Cake can be just cake but to be birthday cake is an experience; blowing out the candles, getting cake all over the place and for me as a little girl reaching over to my sisters highchair to eat her cake as she is reaching for mine. Photo to be added shortly.

As an adult all I really want on my birthday is a big ol' cake to share with my friends and family, blowing out tons of candles and being allowed to pick up a huge piece of cake and eating it like pizza, of course in the most graceful way possible. The frosting, the cake all in one bite. No fork just cake and a cold glass of milk.

That's what I was thinking my big sister would like for her 32nd birthday so I made it for her. My bake-girl-friend Amber gave me a recipe for a chocolate raspberry layer cake with chocolate ganache and swore it is the richest cake she's ever made. So, I had too, I did and it was chocolaty perfection! Recipe to be added shortly.

My sister loved the cake and is still savoring it 6 days later. That's really the reason I do this, to show my love and to evoke that child in all of us. We all share memories with food whether it be birthday cake, that warm chocolate chip cookie, grandmas pound cake or apple pie during the holidays. Food Happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment